Perhaps you have attended a Microsoft “In a Day” training session and you are now looking to take your first steps towards obtaining a Power Platform certification. I’ve put together some useful resources here that I often share with people looking to get certified.
As a business user, PL-900 is the one to start with. Then if you are looking to get into something more advanced then you can consider PL-100 and PL-200.
- PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
- PL-100: Microsoft Power Platform App Maker
- PL-200: Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant
From the pages linked above, you can book the exam by clicking “Schedule with Pearson VUE” then follow through with the booking. Doing the exam online at home is likely still the only available option (depending on where you live), but there are testing centres you can do the exam at too. From the links above you can also see a PDF of what topics are in the exam, and the best way to prepare is by working through the Learning Path on Microsoft Learn.
To help you prepare, here are some great resources put together by other Power Platform community members (and pros on the topic of certifications!)
- Certification guide for Power Platform – Video by Lisa Crosbie
- Microsoft Certified – Power Platform Fundamentals (PL-900)– Guide by Ren Jones
- PL-100 : Let’s build some apps– Guide by Ren Jones
- PL-200: Power Platform Functional Consultant– Guide by Ren Jones
- Tips for preparing for the online exam– Video by Lisa Crosbie
Best of luck on your certification journey!